7.12.2012

My Country Drive....





Many people always ask me "how far do you live from work" 


me: "1hour drive"

people: " WHHHHHAATTTTT......that must take you forever!!!" 

me: " no not really, how long does it take you?"

people: "30min"

me: "ummmmmmmmm so I'm 30 min longer then you?" "what do you do in that 30 min when you first get home?

people: "watch tv" 

me: " well, in that 30 min I drive on a hilly country road with amazing scenery, release any pent up frustration from the day, blare the music really loud and sing at the top my lungs (on most cases Branko will call me and say "are you having a party in your car again?") 

people: "oh"


Yes "people" the drive is not that bad! When I get home the air is fresher and noise is....well there is no noise just peace and quiet while I sit outside on my cushy outdoor lazyboy chair with a coffee in hand. 





So for anybody out there that thinks they could never live in the country because they are worried about the commute think long and hard because the drive just isn't that bad. 


This is my view everyday that I drive home:










I'm curious to know....how long is your commute??? 







10 comments:

  1. Seeing that everyday would be totally worth it. :) My commute is next to nothing. Maybe 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I used to drive to work my commute was about 40 minutes - through the country. Seriously gorgeous in the fall and on sunny days in the winter.

    These days my commute to work is about 12 steps from my bedroom... its kinda sad. Besides my daily run, there are times I don't even leave the house. What I would give for those times I rock out in my car! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeekkk! it's a good thing you get out on the weekends! :)

      Delete
  3. I use to have a 15 minute drive on the expressway in KW, but now I have a 40 minute drive on back roads from Cambridge to St.Jacobs. I TOTALLY do the loud music singing thing too now, hahaha... plus it's way less stressful of a drive! My fiance has Sirius radio and i'm thinking of getting a second deck for myself.

    I'm curious, how is your drive on those country roads in the winter time? I actually don't mind winter driving, I just take my time, but there's no street lights out there and it gets dark at like 4pm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winter time is surprisingly not that bad! The roads are cleaned really well in our township and I usually just take my time as well. I have been through a couple of winters where I've seen numerous people in the ditch on one ride home but that is usually just from careless driving and bad tires!

      Thankfully I get to leave at 4pm from work and usually make it home by 5pm so my driving in the dark isn't for too long. I try to leave my after work winter activities to the weekends or I just keep an eye out for the weather. Haha but driving in the dark is sometimes daunting!

      By the way, thanks for stopping by and checking out the post! :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My commute is between an hour to an hour and a half at times. Lord knows that when winter hits...we got a different story altogether. I'm not driving into the country but into another city with a long commute just the same. But I understand and agree about that time spent with yourself in the car. You really have to love yourself otherwise that's one hell of a drive. lmao Sometimes, just sometimes, that commute is hard to bear and the time thinking is really not wanted. But for the most part...I don't mind it at all. I really don't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, it really puts things in perspective. I work from home, but I wouldn't mind a country drive home like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Toronto (like, downtown) and my commute to work on the TTC is 45 minutes. But its against rush hour traffic and I just sleep! its awesome! haha

    ReplyDelete